Winter is coming upon us and we want you to be sure your home is ready to brave the cold! Here are some tips on getting your house winter ready.
- Hire a HVAC technician to inspect your furnace to ensure all will operate okay.
- Reverse your ceiling fan blades to run in a clockwise direction after turning on your heat. This will make your fan produce an updraft and push down in to the room heated air from the ceiling.
- Clean your gutters!
- Disconnect all your garden hoses and drain any remaining water from the faucets to ensure they do not freeze.
- If you have a chimney, have a chimney sweep come out and clean the chimney and vents.
- Restock any winter essentials like salt, shovels, gloves, and make sure your snowblower is working for those that have one.
- If your windows or doors are letting any cold air in be sure to seal those to help your heating expenses.